I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.
Correct me, Lord, but only with justice-
not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing.
Pour out your wrath on the nations that do not acknowledge you,
on the peoples who do not call on your name.
For they have devoured Jacob;
they have devoured him completely and destroyed his homeland.
(Jeremiah 10:23-25 NIV)
Forward Friday! Please join me moving forward this weekend praying.
- Pray for all who are called with warning messages for such a time as this. May we all stay focused and refuse discouraging thoughts or comments .
- For those being deceived or doubt pulling them that direction…May God soften their hearts to understand, open their eyes to see, and hear truth through Jesus Christ.
- Honestly, most deceived individuals are unaware they are deceived. Even harder as they join other deceived individuals. Eventually, these individuals come against their churches pushing truth out. We’ve seen this happen in several different denominations.
- Let’s pray we become aware of deceptive words as a nation and across the world. Jesus move all your children to discern between good and evil. When deceptive words are spoken, allow the Holy Spirit’s nudge to be felt. For the Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. He is our counselor and helper in times of need.
- Allow us to understand our lives are not our own. Jesus, you paid the price that we might live eternity in heaven.
This life will become like a vapor. Take time to think, a heavy thought. Those ant hills turned into mountains become frivolous in the big picture. As we mature in Christ, God’s truth builds within each individual. Truth brings clarity to those who are willing to receive. Are we a willing nation to pray for others?
We ask all of this in the name of Jesus. Amen