If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all His commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God. (Deuteronomy 28:1-14 NIV)
Blessed for Obedience:
- We will be blessed in the city and in the country.
- Fruit of our womb, crops of our land, and young of our livestock will be blessed.
- Our basket and kneading troughs will be blessed.
- We are blessed going in and when we come out.
- Our enemies will be defeated.
- Our barns-everything we put our hands to and our land will be blessed.
- We are established as holy people.
- Granted with abundant prosperity.
- The Lord opens the heavens, the store house of His bounty, to send rain and bless the work of our hands.
- We are made the head, not the tail.
- Always at the top, never at the bottom.
Why decline this offer laid out before us? God’s gift of salvation is free. We either accept or reject. As we accept, we enter a covenant with Jesus Christ. No longer are we subject to the world’s authority. We still experience world suffering. However, Jesus tells us in John 16:31 “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” If Jesus overcame, so can we. Through new thoughts, skills developed through gifts and talents and the full armor of God.
In order to walk this level of blessing, full obedience to God’s commands is required. The only way to know for sure His commands is to read and study the Bible. Jesus is faithful to help us understand scriptures. Ask for His assistance. With deception rapidly increasing, it’s vital we know scripture for ourselves. Church houses across America have fallen prey to deception, not speaking clear truth. We have to be careful.
The word ‘if” frightens people. Individuals settle for comfort, when God’s best is available. Fear immobilizes faith preventing our move forward. If you are one person out of five willing to take this challenge, what would be wrong receiving these benefits? See, churches are full of Christians who accepted this free gift of salvation, yet never desired more. Jesus is Savior to many, yet friend to those who follow His commands. For those who fully obey His commands…each of the above benefits are for you.